Monday, July 18, 2011

DO Air liasion officers see combat?

I start my AFROTC Career this September comming up and have been interested in 2 jobs Pilot, and Air Liaison officer. I love the TACP's and i know ALO lead TACP's, so I just wanted to know do Air Liaison Officers ever get to lead the TACP's in combat you know fight the fight with them. I would hate to be stuck behind a desk all day. How can you lead men and dont fight with them. I remember reading an article a while ago talking about how the TACP's complain about not having ALO's as a stable platform and how they are constantly rotated. and so the Chief of staff of the air force is pushing to make them there own job much like they did with Combat Rescue Officers with the PJ's. WHo nwo train and see combat with the PJ's. So as an ALO will I get to see combat with my men. Because even in this thing http://www.airforce.com/pdf/13L_ALO_Trifold.pdf It says how as an ALO you can go to ranger school, airborne etc etc so its like why do i get the ability to do all this training if i just sit behind a desk. Everyone on the internet basically say ALO's don't see combat so i just want someone to give me a straight answer or at least some Personal experience, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment