Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Questions about MOS changing and AIT training..?

i have 2 weeks until my BCT. i'm on split-op in the reserves, so i won't be attending AIT until next summer. I am wondering how much an MOS effects where you go to AIT training. I am only listed under the MOS (42A) i currently have because it was only one available. I will do AIT training at Fort. Jackson. But i have heard this is where soft-mos's train. I am going to contract with ROTC and do SMP after next year. I am pretty sure i want an infantry title are something along those lines and do airborne school after i graduate and become an officer. But right now i dont want to be doing "soft training." It is too late for basic but is it possible i can change my mos to go to a more hardcore AIT school after basic training. What bonuses will i lose? and will i get other possible bonuses with a new MOS. Does my MOS even really matter since i am doing SMP program with my college's ROTC. Because the main goal is to become an officer. But as an officer i still want to be a fighting soldier. What should i do?

No comments:

Post a Comment