Friday, July 22, 2011

I've been trying to get some help from the gaming manufacturer as well as various gaming forums...?

but still no joy. My question pertains to the FSX flight simulation game and the Abacus Flight Deck 6 (FD6) add-on to the FSX. Since after months of trying I could not get any help from anyone regarding the issues with the simulation software, perhaps someone in the Yahoo Answer group can help. The main problem of the FD6 was that some of the default aircraft do not gather enough speed to get airborne during carrier catapult launch thus they (aircraft) loose altitude as they clear the bow and then plunge into the sea. Running short of solutions however, I decided to replace one of the FD6 default aircraft (F18E) with one of the Simviation add-ons (F14d Tomcat "Marines"). Lo and behold, the replacement aircraft was launch off the catapult normally and got airborne. My question is: What changes can I make in the default aircraft configuration (.cfg) that will enable me to increase the acceleration for a successful launch. I enjoy playing with the FD6 missions but the software just so many problems that without the help of the FD6 developers, I'm trying to fix myslef.

No comments:

Post a Comment